Visions 1.25-liter Dutch Oven Stewpot
- Versatile glass-ceramic is ideal for water-based cooking
- Safe for cooking directly on electric and gas stovetops
- Resists stains and does not absorb food odors or flavors
- Dishwasher, freezer, microwave, broiler and preheated-oven safe
- 10-year limited warranty
- Can be used on the range top, in the oven or microwave, or under the broiler (without cover).
- Can be used for cooking, serving, refrigerating, freezing, reheating, and thawing.
- Can be used on VISIONS cookware for range top applications, in a preheated oven, in the microwave, refrigerator or freezer. Plastic Microwave/Storage Covers (available for some items)
- Use plastic covers, according to the Use and Care directions printed on them.
- DO NOT place cover directly on the range-top burner, under a broiler, under a microwave browning element, in a toaster oven, on or near any direct heat sources.
- Discontinue use of any covers accidentally used in this manner even if they do not look damaged.
- Handle with dry pot holders, do not use wet cloths.
- Set on the dry, heat-protective surface for gradual cooling.
- DO NOT set on the cold surface: let cover cool before washing, refrigerating, or freezing.
- Follow care and storage instructions to avoid chips, cracks, and scratches due to nesting, hitting rims, using metal utensils, and accidental impact.
- DO NOT USE any glass product for deep fat frying. NEVER attempt to deep fat fry in a microwave oven. The temperature of fat cannot be controlled.
- DO NOT use or repair broken, chipped, or deeply scratched cookware.
- DO NOT use to make candy or caramelize sugar; these cool at different rates from the cookware and may cause it to break.
- DO NOT use to pop popcorn – popcorn will not pop, and the cookware may eventually get very hot.
- DO NOT heat empty cookware in a microwave oven.
- When cooking vegetables, potatoes, or pasta, boil the water first, then add food slowly to boiling water.
- For anything other than boiling water, use a LOW to MEDIUM heat; too much heat causes food to stick or burn.
- When browning or sautéing, use no more than 1/4 oil or shortening.
- Place food off center in skillet, as center area stays cooler and food will not brown as well there.
- Once food has started to cook or boil, lower heat for gently frying, sautéing, or simmering.
Prep, cook and serve in the same pot with this high-performance see-through casserole dish.
Whatever you’re cooking, this medium casserole dish is with you every step of the way, from sautéing to simmering and oven-to-table serving. A chef’s favorite for generations, the see-through glass-ceramic is outstanding for stovetop, oven and microwave, and even for storing leftovers in freezer.
DIMENSIONS 7.25'' diameter x 2.5'' high
CAPACITY 1.25 liters
WEIGHT 1lb 15.3oz
*All measurements are approximate.
CARE & USE INFORMATION
VISIONS cookware is different from other cookware. It is made of a see-through glass-ceramic material that withstands temperature extremes. This cookware:
Note the differences between covers and cookware. PYREX® brand glass covers:
IMPORTANT ALL GLASS AND GLASS-CERAMIC MATERIALS CAN BE BROKEN and care should be taken in handling. Accidental breakage from impact is not covered by warranty.
FAILURE TO FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS MAY CAUSE IMMEDIATE OR LATER BREAKAGE, WHICH CAN RESULT IN PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE.
PYREX® brand glass covers can break from direct heat.
Hot PYREX brand glass covers can break if cooled suddenly.
Chips, cracks or deep scratches weaken cookware and covers. Weakened cookware can break during use.
Handles and rims may get hot during use. Fingers and hands may be burned. ALWAYS USE POT HOLDERS.
Table, counter, wooden cutting board, and other surfaces may be burned or scorched if hot product is placed directly on the surface. Use protective surface.
COOKING TIPS FOR RANGETOP USE
VISIONS® cookware works best on top of the range with foods that are stirred, sautéed, or have liquid as a cooking medium. Follow these guidelines:
CARE AND STORAGE
Store separately if possible. Otherwise, stack carefully, by inverting the lids and stacking similar smaller pieces on top. If stacking is not possible, nest pots, placing cloth or towel between them.